1 head of broccoli, florets cut
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 garlic clove, crushed
A few good glugs of olive oil
20g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
A squeeze of lemon juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
Two handfuls of brocolini, cut into florets
10 Cherry tomoatoes, halved
2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
1 Onion, diced finely
1 tablespoon olive oil
300mL light cream
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Parmesan cheese, to serve
250g Tubular Spaghetti
1. To make the pesto, steam the broccolini until just cooked through. Place all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until at a pesto consistency. Add more oil if required.
2. Place a large saucepan of water on the boil. Add the spaghetti.
3. In a large frypan, heat the onion, garlic and olive oil over a medium heat until they have softened.
4. Add the broccolini and cherry tomatoes and fry for a minute or two. Add a splash or two of water from the cooking pasta and place a lid over the frypan for the broccoli to steam slightly.
5. Remove lid. Add into the pan the pesto and the cream. Stir until the cream is bubbling slightly and glossy and thick – approximately 3 minutes. Turn off heat.
6. Remove pasta from stove and drain. Throw pasta into the frypan, turn on the heat and toss until the spaghetti is coated. Season to taste.
7. Serve with shavings of parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.