Recipe from New Idea Magazine.
250g plain sweet biscuits
150g unsalted butter, melted
2 cups caster sugar
3/4 cup water
1 cup pure cream
1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
500g cream cheese
1/2 cup caster sugar
250g tub sour cream
To Serve: Double cream
1. Invert base of a 24cm round springform pan. Grease and line with baking paper.
2. Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Ad butter. Process until combined. Press mixture over base and up side of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. To make sauce, dissolve sugar in water in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Bring to boil. Gently boil, without string, for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat.
4. Immediately stir in cream until smooth. Stir in salt. Transfer to a heatproof jug. Cool slightly.
5. To make filling, beat cheese and sugar in a large bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in sour cream.
6. Pour half of the filling over base. Drizzle over half the caramel sauce. Top with remaining filling. Using a skewer, gently swirl mixtures together.
7. Bake in a moderately slow oven (160 degrees Celsius) for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until just set. Centre should have a slight wobble.
8. Cool in oven with door ajar for 1 hour. Remove. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
7. To serve, remove side of pan, slide onto a serving plate. Serve with double cream and remaining caramel sauce.