6 x leaves of titanium-strength gelatine
200ml hot water
400g white sugar
1/2 teaspoon rosewater essence
3 drops of red food colouring
Zest of 1/2 Lime (finely grated)
1/4 cup cornflour
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 x 18cm square tray (or 2 x loaf tins)
1. Pour hot water into medium sized saucepan.
2. Soak gelatine leaves in cold water until soft. Squeeze excess water. Add leaves to saucepan.
3. Add sugar, rosewater essence and food colouring to saucepan. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Continue to stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer mixture for 5 minutes.
4. Add lime zest and take off heat. Allow to cool to room temperature. Once cool, pour into the tray (sprayed with cooking oil) and refrigerate until set. This should take around 2-3 hours.
5. Combine icing sugar and cornflour and dust half out onto a chopping board. Slide set jelly out onto board and cut into cubes with a damp knife. Dust the remaining icing sugar mixture over the top to ensure all sides are covered. Keep in refrigerator (if it lasts that long!).