Adapted from Jamie Oliver‘s ‘Food Revolution’ recipe.
1 Medium Brown Onion
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
2 Carrots, diced
2 stalks of celery, trimmed and diced
1.5L Chicken Stock, warmed in saucepan
750g Frozen Peas
Handful of mint leaves, torn
1/2 Cup Pouring Cream
1/2 Loaf Turkish Bread, torn into pieces
80g Danish Feta, crumbled
1/2 handful of mint leaves, torn
1. Heat onion & garlic and a splash of olive oil over a medium heat until translucent, add carrots and celery and stir until softened.
2. Add peas
3. Add approximately 1L of the stock and stir until peas have cooked through
4. Add the mint and whizz with a stick blender until smooth.
5. Decide whether you are happy with the consistency, I like quite runny soups so added a little more stock at this stage.
6. Add the cream and stir well.
7. For the croutons, in a large frypan, heat a few glugs of olive oil. Add the torn turkish bread and heat until crispy edges start to form. Remove from heat.
8. Stir through croutons and feta and mint.
9. To serve, place a generous amount of the feta croutons in the middle of the bowl. Ladle the soup around and top with a few mint leaves.