Makes approximately 20 tenders
2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
1 cup plain flour
6 Tablespoons water
2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
50g Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
3 tablespoons thyme leaves, roughly chopped
750mL rice bran oil
Small bamboo skewers (15cm) & aioli for serving
1. Have three large bowls or dishes. In the first, empty the flour. In the second, gently whisk the eggs and water and in the third, mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan and thyme.
2. Dust each tender into the flour, then dunk into the egg mixture and coat with the parmesan. Place on a plate, ready for cooking. Repeat until all chicken is done.
3. Heat oil in a large, heavy bottomed saucepan. Or use a deep fryer if you have one.
4. When oil is ready (test by throwing in a pinch of breadcrumbs and seeing if they sizzle), gently use a slotted spoon to lower tenders into oil. Do not overcrowd pan.
5. Remove chicken with slotted spoon and allow to drain onto kitchen paper.
6. Cook all chicken in batches until golden and cooked through.
7. Use a small bamboo skewer in each tender and serve with aioli.