You can be as adventurous as you like with this recipe – add in whatever you like. If you have sunflower seeds but not pepitas, not to worry. If you like oat bran but not puffed rice – only add one. Make it into the best combination of muesli items for you that you can. The most versatile recipe ever.
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup puffed rice
1 cup wheat bran
1 cup oat bran
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pepitas
1/2 cup almonds, chopped roughly
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup LSA
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup honey
1 cup dried mixed fruit, diced
1/2 cup gogi berries
1/4 cup craisins
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. In a large bowl, combine all oats and brans and nuts and seeds together. Leave fruit aside until the end.
2. Heat the olive oil and honey in the microwave for 30 seconds until runny. Pour into the bowl and mix until well combined.
3. Spread two baking trays with baking paper. Tip out half mixture onto each tray and spread well.
4. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove trays from the oven and turn muesli. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before mixing fruit through.
6. Keep in an airtight container for up to 2 months.